In recognition of the need for rehabilitation of those adults with acquired head injury and other severe physical ailments such as spinal injury and stroke, Hafod-Y-Green provides a specialised facility for residents in a purpose built unit.
In addition to the above, our Nursing Centre provides both long term care and respite support for those who suffer from illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s and Parkinson’s disease
The aims of the Centre are to:
- Provide a high quality specialist rehabilitation and nursing service for adults with a physical disability.
- Provide effective individual programmes designed to maximise recovery of physical, cognitive and behavioural functions leading to the best quality of life.
- Provide training and support to the carers and families of residents.
- Promote awareness and the problems of associated physical disability and the effectiveness of rehabilitation and specialist nursing.
- Through intensive therapeutic intervention, the Centre will assist residents to relearn how to move again, communicate, develop reasoning and memory strategies, to gain personal living skills, and support patients to come to terms with their disability. The skills and facilities of Hafod-Y-Green are dedicated to achievement of these aims.